Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working: Snapchat is the most prominent photo-sharing app that enables you to add friends or followers and share snaps and videos on your account publically or privately. By using Snapchat, you can easily click snaps and create videos to post on stories or on a friend’s group or personal chat. Snapchat is popular for its numerous unique filters on the camera. However, it allows users to put camera roll pictures on Snapchat Story and also Add Snapchat Filters to Pictures already taken.
If you open your Snapchat camera and if you face a variety of issues like A black screen, The camera appears to be zoomed in, Snaps have poor image/video quality, Video snaps don’t include any sound, The Long Snap feature doesn’t work, and can’t access a new Snapchat feature. There may be various reasons behind these issues in the Snapchat camera.
To fix the Snapchat camera not working black screen issue, we have explained few methods with pictures in the below modules for in-depth knowledge about the Snapchat camera problems. Also, you will find some important troubleshooting tips to solve the Snapchat camera issues.
- How to Fix It When the Snapchat Camera Isn’t Working?
- Method 1: Check Camera Permissions
- Method 2: Clear Cache Data
- Reasons for Snapchat Camera Not Working
- Troubleshooting Tips for Snapchat Camera Issues
- FAQs on Fix Snapchat Camera not working black screen issue
How to Fix It When the Snapchat Camera Isn’t Working?
Here we have explained some ways to fix the Snapchat camera black screen or not working issues. Try to go through the methods that help you out with ease and bounce back with the great working of the Snapchat camera feature. Previously, they had experienced a huge crash regarding the Snapchat camera not working and declared on their social media platforms that they will assure that things will get back to normal soon.
If you face any of the issues regarding Snapchat Camera make sure to follow these below methods & fix Snapchat Camera not working problem with ease. In case, you want to check out the process for how to turn on notifications for Snapchat then you are away from one click. Just tap on the link available here and assure to follow the steps carefully.
Method 1: Check Camera Permissions
It is very important to ensure that you have accepted all the required permission for the Snapchat app right from the app installation. The main aspect that is of maximum significance is the permission to let Snapchat access your camera. Actually, after the app installation, there may be chances to press on Deny option instead of Accept at the time of granting access to the app. This may come under the malfunction of the camera once you try to access it in the app.
- Firstly, open your device and navigate to Settings.
- Press on the App Management section in the settings options. It may vary in names for different devices. In other devices, it can be observed under names like Installed Apps or Apps.
- Here you will find the apps installed on your device, search for the Snapchat app from the list, and tap on it.
- Scroll down the list and click on the permission section also you can discover it under the name of the permission manager according to your device.
- On the screen, you will see the permissions list that has been approved for Snapchat already. Verify that camera is already presented on this list, if not then move the toggle to turn on.
- After following these steps carefully then the camera will work normally. So open the Snapchat camera and check if it is working perfectly without any Snapchat black screen issue.
- Still, the problem remains then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the application from the app store of your device and now you will get a prompt asking to give access to the camera. Enable it and use the camera on Snapchat without any issues.
Method 2: Clear Cache Data
Actually, there may be huge possibilities that issues like these may occur due to over cache data. So clearing the unnecessary data stored in the background app is a must. Steps to clear the cache data is as follows:
- Go to the settings on your device.
- Now, click on the Apps Management option.
- Search for a Snapchat app under the installed apps list and click on it.
- After tapping on Snapchat, it will open the major settings of the app. Click on the Storage Usage option available here.
- Once you click the option, you will see the total storage occupation of the app together with the cache info as well. Press on Clear Cache to effectively clear all the cache data.
Reasons for Snapchat Camera Not Working
Here is the list of a variety of problems that may occur while the camera of Snapchat not working. They are as follows:
- Technical issues or downtime on Snapchat’s side.
- Opened too many apps for too long (slow app or device performance).
- Having a Snapchat outdated version app.
- An outdated mobile operating system.
- Older devices.
- There’s a slow or spotty internet connection.
- Settings related to your device’s camera, microphone, or sound are wonky.
Troubleshooting Tips for Snapchat Camera Issues
Whenever you face any issue with the Snapchat camera not working then make sure to perform the correct process of how to fix it and restart your device for better performance. Also, you can make sure to try out these camera troubleshooting tips first! Simply look at them from below:
1. Check your internet connection
The first and foremost tip to follow is to check the problems with your internet connection. It may affect how the camera works on Snapchat so make sure to enable full internet access by switching between mobile data and Wi-Fi. If you see the problem gets resolved by switching to Wi-Fi or mobile data, then you can reach your mobile or internet service provider for collecting more data.
2. Restart the Snapchat application
Try closing the Snapchat application and starting it again. This could refresh the application and obtain things run easily.
3. Verify that Snapchat rolls any new updates
Check the iOS App Store or Google Play store for Android devices to ensure your Snapchat app is up to date.
4. Restart your device
Lastly, turn off your device and turn it on again for helping your Snapchat application work efficiently and smoothly.
FAQs on Fix Snapchat Camera not working black screen issue
1. Why isn’t my camera working on Snapchat?
2. How to fix Snapchat Camera Quality on iOS 14?
Here is a list of methods that will help you out to fix the Snapchat camera not working issue in iOS 14. Check out them carefully and follow any of the methods:
- General Troubleshoot.
- Close and Reopen Snapchat.
- Restart Your iPhone.
- Update Snapchat.
- Reinstall Snapchat.
- Update Your iOS.
- Factory Reset.
3. How iphone 11 Snapchat camera zoomed in Fix?
There are two simple steps to Fix Snapchat Camera Zoom Problem. They are as such:
- Install the latest security patch for the phone
- Cleaning the cache of the Snapchat app lens