How to Add your own Music to Snapchat: The best way to create your Snapchat stories more creative and engaging is by personalizing them with the right music. Recently, Snapchat rolled out a sound feature in the app to reach out to more users on Snapchat. It helps users to record their videos along with the soundtrack within the app.
However, they are also planning to introduce a feature that permits creators to utilize licensed music from within the app itself. Want to know How to Add Snapchat Filters to Pictures already taken along with How to add music to Snapchat videos or stories on android and iphone? Stay connected with us and learn adding own music on Snapchat story 2021.
Introducing Sounds 🎵 the newest way to share your mood on Snapchat. Discover new songs, add music to your Snaps, and pass it 👉 to your friends! pic.twitter.com/O4YrqLVF7j
— Snapchat (@Snapchat) October 15, 2020
What’s the Snapchat Sound Feature?
Before learning the process of how to add your own music to a Snapchat video or story, let’s quickly take a look at the “Sounds” feature of the app. Are you an active Instagram or TikTok User? If yes, then you might be aware of their Music feature. Likewise in 2020, Snapchat has introduced a Sound feature that allows Snapchat users to add music to our snaps (photos or videos).
In order to enjoy this feature to the fullest on your app, then integrate Snapchat with a streaming service such as Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, or Soundcloud. Because it doesn’t incorporate all varieties of tracks, but it includes all popular songs so that you can simply add music to a Snapchat video and make it interesting.
After adding music to your Snapchat story or videos, the other person would view your snap along with the music playing in the background. In case, they require to listen to the same soundtrack or know more about the song, then they can simply click on its sticker on your snap. Also, check out how to turn on notifications for Snapchat to get updated with the latest features.
How to Add your own Music to Snapchat Story 2021 Android & iPhone?
Adding your own music to Snapchat can be possible by following the simple steps given here. This method is applicable when you didn’t find the sounds from Snapchat’s built-in featured sounds list. In the Snapchat app only, you can record your own sound and add it to your snap. Just go with the below steps carefully:
- Open the app camera and click on the sounds icon on the screen.
- Now, you will find the featured sounds tab. Click on the music that you like or else go for the create sound tab.
- On the screen, click + Create Sound at the top.
- To record the sound, click on the record button and play the music that you required.
- Whenever you feel the recording is enough then tap on the Record button to stop recording the sound.
- Watch the preview of your sound and name it in the sound name field.
- Optionally tap the Make this sound public? button to make it widely accessible and then optionally slide the caps at the beginning and end of the Sound Timeline to trim your sound clip.
- Once you are satisfied with your own music to your snaps or stories then click the blue Save Sound button.
- Choose the Saved sound to add it to your Snapchat story and preview it. Also, you can select the Sound Timeline at the bottom of the screen to drag it around and pick the right section to incorporate, then hit the checkmark icon to confirm.
- Continue editing or adding features as you would normally, then choose the blue arrow button to send it to your friends and/or post it to your stories.
How to Add Music to Snapchat Videos & Stories?
The steps that are helpful for adding music to Snapchat stories and videos 2021 are provided here. So, Snapchat users are suggested to follow them carefully while performing the add song to snaps on Snapchat:
- Firstly, visit the Snapchat app and open the camera.
- On the screen, you will see few features on the side panel include the Sounds button shaped like a music note.
- Tap that icon and proceed further to add a sound either before or even after taking a snap.
- In both cases, the process is the same so uploading a sound first is similar to adding it afterward.
- Once you tap the sounds button, you will view the list of featured tracks. There is no search feature as of now to use the specific songs. Maybe you’ll enjoy the feature soon in the future.
- For checking the preview of it, click on the play button beside the songs. After listening to the songs, choose one and tap ‘Next’ in order to add the song to your snap.
- Once you add the sound, you can adjust the song’s portion that the users of Snapchat want to be played by just moving the waveforms left or right.
- For this part, the song will turn into a sticker that can be freely moved around the screen. Just like any of the other Snapchat stickers, it can be resized, flipped, pinned, etc.
- Moreover, you may also delete the song if it is incorrect to your snap or video. All you need to do is simply drag the sticker towards the bottom of the screen, then a trash icon will appear, drop it there and it will become erased.
How to Record and Send Background Music in your Snaps on Snapchat?
- Firstly, you have to set up the music by various music apps like Apple Music or Spotify to add songs to your Snapchats.
- Choose the song that you need from your playlists or saved albums and tap on it.
- Automatically, it starts playing so pause it asap before recording and take control when it plays in your video.
- Now, time for recording the music. For that, open the Snapchat app and play the song that you’ve stopped earlier in the music app.
- Snapchat has a special feature where it records any song playing in the background as you start to record.
- On Android, swipe down from the top to reveal the Notification Center. You will see your song listed above some music controls. Press ► to begin the song. Swipe up to close the Notification Center after the song has started.
- On an iPhone, swipe up from the bottom edge to reveal the Control Center. You will see your song listed above some music controls. Press ► to begin the song. You may have to swipe left or right on the Control Center to find the music controls. Swipe down to close the Control Center after the song has started.
- Now, click and hold the larger circle icon to record a video with the music in the background. Take off your finger from the record button to stop the recording and check out the preview of the video.
- If it turns awesome then tap the blue send arrow and select the friends to send a snap. When they open and play the Snap, they will hear the song you recorded in the background.
FAQs on How to Add Any Song to Snapchat 2021
1. How to use any Song as your Background Music on Snapchat?
2. How do you put your own music on Snapchat?
Simply go to the featured sounds tab and click on the ‘+ Create Sound’ option to record the required music or sound from playing the sound either on the app or from other music apps. Start & Stop the sound recording and add it to your snap or stories on Snapchat.
3. How To Add Background Song On Snapchat!