CCNA 1 (v5.1 + v6.0) Practice Final Exam Answers 2020
Read Chapter wise CCNA 1 Exam Answers (v5.1 + v6.0)
CCNA 1 Practice Final Exam Answers 2020
1. Which term refers to a network that provides secure access to the corporate offices by suppliers, customers and collaborators?
2. A small business user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
- cell modem
- cable modem
3. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to configure the switch but receives the error message that is displayed in the exhibit. What is the problem?
- The entire command, configure terminal, must be used.
- The administrator is already in global configuration mode.
- The administrator must first enter privileged EXEC mode before issuing the command.*
- The administrator must connect via the console port to access global configuration mode.
4. Which keys act as a hot key combination that is used to interrupt an IOS process?
5. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator uses Telnet to connect to the switch, which password is needed to access user EXEC mode?
6. A network administrator enters the service passwordencryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?
- This command encrypts passwords as they are transmitted across serial WAN links.
- This command prevents someone from viewing the running configuration passwords.*
- This command enables a strong encryption algorithm for the enable secret password command.
- This command automatically encrypts passwords in configuration files that are currently stored in NVRAM.
- This command provides an exclusive encrypted password for external service personnel who are required to do router maintenance.
7. What is the purpose of the SVI on a Cisco switch?
- The SVI provides a physical interface for remote access to the switch.
- The SVI provides a faster method for switching traffic between ports on the switch.
- The SVI adds Layer 4 connectivity between VLANs.
- The SVI provides a virtual interface for remote access to the switch.*
8. Which message delivery option is used when all devices need to receive the same message simultaneously?
9. Which two protocols function at the internet layer? (Choose two.)
10. What PDU is associated with the transport layer?
11. What is done to an IP packet before it is transmitted over the physical medium?
- It is tagged with information guaranteeing reliable delivery.
- It is segmented into smaller individual pieces.
- It is encapsulated into a TCP segment.
- It is encapsulated in a Layer 2 frame.*
12. What type of communication medium is used with a wireless LAN connection?
- radio waves*
13. In addition to the cable length, what two factors could interfere with the communication carried over UTP cables? (Choose two.)
- size of the network
- signal modulation technique
- electromagnetic interference *
14. What are the two sublayers of the OSI model data link layer? (Choose two.)
- network access
15. A technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network?
16. What type of communication rule would best describe CSMA/CD?
- access method*
- flow control
- message encapsulation
- message encoding
17. If data is being sent over a wireless network, then connects to an Ethernet network, and eventually connects to a DSL connection, which header will be replaced each time the data travels through a network infrastructure device?
- Layer 3
- data link*
- Layer 4
18. What best describes the destination IPv4 address that is used by multicasting?
- a single IP multicast address that is used by all destinations in a group*
- an IP address that is unique for each destination in the group
- a group address that shares the last 23 bits with the source IPv4 address
- a 48 bit address that is determined by the number of members in the multicast group
19. In an Ethernet network, when a device receives a frame of 1200 bytes, what will it do?
- drop the frame
- process the frame as it is*
- send an error message to the sending device
- add random data bytes to make the frame 1518 bytes long and then forward it
20. What important information is examined in the Ethernet frame header by a Layer 2 device in order to forward the data onward?
- source MAC address
- source IP address
- destination MAC address*
- Ethernet type
- destination IP address
21. What will a Layer 2 switch do when the destination MAC address of a received frame is not in the MAC table?
- It initiates an ARP request.
- It broadcasts the frame out of all ports on the switch.
- It notifies the sending host that the frame cannot be delivered.
- It forwards the frame out of all ports except for the port at which the frame was received.*
22. What are two features of ARP? (Choose two.)
- If a host is ready to send a packet to a local destination device and it has the IP address but not the MAC address of the destination, it generates an ARP broadcast.*
- An ARP request is sent to all devices on the Ethernet LAN and contains the IP address of the destination host and its multicast MAC address.
- When a host is encapsulating a packet into a frame, it refers to the MAC address table to determine the mapping of IP addresses to MAC addresses.
- If no device responds to the ARP request, then the originating node will broadcast the data packet to all devices on the network segment.
- If a device receiving an ARP request has the destination IPv4 address, it responds with an ARP reply.*
23. Which two services are required to enable a computer to receive dynamic IP addresses and access the Internet using domain names? (Choose two.)
24. What is a basic characteristic of the IP protocol?
- media dependent
- user data segmentation
- reliable end-to-end delivery
25. Refer to the exhibit. A user issues the command netstat –r on a workstation. Which IPv6 address is one of the link-local addresses of the workstation?
26. What is the valid most compressed format possible of the IPv6 address 2001:0DB8:0000:AB00:0000:0000:0000:1234?
27. At a minimum, which address is required on IPv6-enabled interfaces?
- unique local
- site local
- global unicast
28. An IPv6 enabled device sends a data packet with the destination address of FF02::2. What is the target of this packet?
- all IPv6 enabled devices across the network
- all IPv6 enabled devices on the local link
- all IPv6 DHCP servers
- all IPv6 configured routers on the local link*
29. What is the purpose of ICMP messages?
- to inform routers about network topology changes
- to ensure the delivery of an IP packet
- to provide feedback of IP packet transmissions*
- to monitor the process of a domain name to IP address resolution
30. Which statement describes a characteristic of the traceroute utility?
- It sends four Echo Request messages.
- It utilizes the ICMP Source Quench messages.
- It is primarily used to test connectivity between two hosts.
- It identifies the routers in the path from a source host to a destination host.*
31. What is the usable number of host IP addresses on a network that has a /26 mask?
32. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator must send a message to everyone on the router A network. What is the broadcast address for network 172.16.16.0/22?
33. Given IPv6 address prefix 2001:db8::/48, what will be the last subnet that is created if the subnet prefix is changed to /52?
34. A technician with a PC is using multiple applications while connected to the Internet. How is the PC able to keep track of the data flow between multiple application sessions and have each application receive the correct packet flows?
- The data flow is being tracked based on the destination port number utilized by each application.
- The data flow is being tracked based on the source port number utilized by each application.*
- The data flow is being tracked based on the source IP address used by the PC of the technician.
- The data flow is being tracked based on the destination IP address used by the PC of the technician.
35. What three services are provided by the transport layer? (Choose three.)
- flow control*
- encryption of data
- path determination
- connection establishment *
- error recovery*
- bit transmission
- data representation
36. An Internet television transmission is using UDP. What happens when part of the transmission is not delivered to the destination?
- A delivery failure message is sent to the source host.
- The part of the television transmission that was lost is re-sent.
- The entire transmission is re-sent.
- The transmission continues without the missing portion.*
37. Which two OSI model layers are considered to be included in the top layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack? (Choose two.)
38. An author is uploading one chapter document from a personal computer to a file server of a book publisher. What role is the personal computer assuming in this network model?
39. Which two automatic addressing assignments are supported by DHCP? (Choose two.)
- local server address
- subnet mask*
- default gateway address*
- physical address of the recipient
- physical address of the sender
40. When a network administrator is trying to manage network traffic on a growing network, when should traffic flow patterns be analyzed?
- during times of peak utilization*
- during off-peak hours
- during employee holidays and weekends
- during randomly selected times
41. What is the objective of a network reconnaissance attack?
- discovery and mapping of systems*
- unauthorized manipulation of data
- disabling network systems or services
- denying access to resources by legitimate users
42. What will be the result of failed login attempts if the following command is entered into a router?
login block-for 150 attempts 4 within 90
- All login attempts will be blocked for 150 seconds if there are 4 failed attempts within 90 seconds.*
- All login attempts will be blocked for 90 seconds if there are 4 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
- All login attempts will be blocked for 1.5 hours if there are 4 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
- All login attempts will be blocked for 4 hours if there are 90 failed attempts within 150 seconds.
43. Which two statements correctly describe a router memory type and its contents? (Choose two.)
ROM is nonvolatile and stores the running IOS.FLASH is nonvolatile and contains a limited portion of the IOS.
RAM is volatile and stores the IP routing table.*
NVRAM is nonvolatile and stores a full version of the IOS.
ROM is nonvolatile and contains basic diagnostic software.*
44. A user reports a lack of network connectivity. The technician takes control of the user machine and attempts to ping other computers on the network and these pings fail. The technician pings the default gateway and that also fails. What can be determined for sure by the results of these tests?
The NIC in the PC is bad.The TCP/IP protocol is not enabled.
The router that is attached to the same network as the workstation is down.
Nothing can be determined for sure at this point.*
45. For Cisco IOS, which escape sequence allows terminating a traceroute operation?
46. Match the phases to the functions during the boot up process of a Cisco router. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order.
— not scored —
locale and load the Cisco IOS software -> phase 2
locate and load the startup configuration file -> phase 3
perform the POST and load the bootstrap program -> phase 1
47. What three blocks of addresses are defined by RFC 1918 for private network use? (Choose three.)
48. A network administrator is variably subnetting a given block of IPv4 addresses. Which combination of network addresses and prefix lengths will make the most efficient use of addresses when the need is for 2 subnets capable of supporting 10 hosts and 1 subnet that can support 6 hosts?
49. Match the descriptions to the terms. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order.
— not scored —
CLI -> users interact with the operating system by typing commands
GUI -> enables the user to interact with the operating system by pointing and clicking
kernel -> the part of the OS that interacts directly with the device hardware
shell -> the part of the operating system that interfaces with applications and the user
50. Match the requirements of a reliable network with the supporting network architecture. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order.
Protect the network from unauthorized access. -> security
Provide redundant links and devices. -> fault tolerance
— not scored —
Expand the network without degrading the service for existing users. -> scalability
— not scored —
51. Match the functions with the corresponding OSI layer. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order.
HTTP and FTP
end user program functionality
52. What is an advantage of storing configuration files to a USB flash drive instead of to a TFTP server?
- The files can be saved without using terminal emulation software.
- The transfer of the files does not rely on network connectivity.*
- The USB flash drive is more secure.
- The configuration files can be stored to a flash drive that uses any file system format.
53. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to view the current configuration on this switch but receives the error message that is displayed. What does this error indicate?
- The command does not exist.
- One or more required keywords or arguments were omitted.
- Not enough characters were entered for the interpreter to recognize the command.*
- The administrator does not have the required level of access to use this command.
54. A host is accessing a Web server on a remote network. Which three functions are performed by intermediary network devices during this conversation? (Choose three.)
- regenerating data signals*
- acting as a client or a server
- providing a channel over which messages travel
- applying security settings to control the flow of data *
- notifying other devices when errors occur*
- serving as the source or destination of the messages
55. For which three reasons was a packet-switched connectionless data communications technology used when developing the Internet? (Choose three.)
- It can rapidly adapt to the loss of data transmission facilities. *
- It efficiently utilizes the network infrastructure to transfer data. *
- Data packets can travel multiple paths through the network simultaneously.*
- It allows for billing of network use by the amount of time a connection is established.
- It requires that a data circuit between the source and destination be established before data can be transferred.
56. A medium-sized business is researching available options for connecting to the Internet. The company is looking for a high speed option with dedicated, symmetric access. Which connection type should the company choose?
- leased line*
- cable modem
57. What is an ISP?
- It is a standards body that develops cabling and wiring standards for networking.
- It is a protocol that establishes how computers within a local network communicate.
- It is an organization that enables individuals and businesses to connect to the Internet.*
- It is a networking device that combines the functionality of several different networking devices in one.
58. Refer to the exhibit. A network engineer is attempting to connect to a new router to perform the initial configuration. The engineer connects a rollover cable from the serial port of a PC to the Aux port on the router, then configures HyperTerminal as shown. The engineer cannot get a login prompt in HyperTerminal. What would fix the problem?
- Connect to the Ethernet port on the PC.
- Change connection settings to even parity.
- Move the cable to the router console port.*
- Use a crossover cable instead of a rollover cable.
59. Which connection provides a secure CLI session with encryption to a Cisco router?
- a console connection
- an AUX connection
- a Telnet connection
- an SSH connection*
60. Refer to the exhibit. From global configuration mode, an administrator is attempting to create a message-of-the-day banner by using the command banner motd V Authorized access only! Violators will be prosecuted! V When users log in using Telnet, the banner does not appear correctly. What is the problem?
- The banner message is too long.
- The delimiting character appears in the banner message.*
- The symbol “!” signals the end of a banner message.
- Message-of-the-day banners will only appear when a user logs in through the console port.
61. What will happen if the default gateway address is incorrectly configured on a host?
- The host cannot communicate with other hosts in the local network.
- The switch will not forward packets initiated by the host.
- The host will have to use ARP to determine the correct address of the default gateway.
- The host cannot communicate with hosts in other networks.*
- A ping from the host to 127.0.0.1 would not be successful.
62. A network administrator is designing a new network infrastructure that includes both wired and wireless connectivity. Under which situation would a wireless connection be recommended?
- The end-user device only has an Ethernet NIC.
- The end-user device requires a dedicated connection because of performance requirements.
- The end-user device needs mobility when connecting to the network.*
- The end-user device area has a high concentration of RFI.
63. A network administrator is troubleshooting connectivity issues on a server. Using a tester, the administrator notices that the signals generated by the server NIC are distorted and not usable. In which layer of the OSI model is the error categorized?
- presentation layer
- network layer
- physical layer*
- data link layer
64. Refer to the exhibit. Which layer of the OSI model would format data in this way?
- data link*
65. On a point-to-point network, which communication type is used when two devices can both transmit and receive but not at the same time?
- controlled access
66. A frame is transmitted from one networking device to another. Why does the receiving device check the FCS field in the frame?
- to determine the physical address of the sending device
- to verify the network layer protocol information
- to compare the interface media type between the sending and receiving ends
- to check the frame for possible transmission errors*
- to verify that the frame destination matches the MAC address of the receiving device
67. The ARP table in a switch maps which two types of address together?
- Layer 3 address to a Layer 2 address*
- Layer 3 address to a Layer 4 address
- Layer 4 address to a Layer 2 address
- Layer 2 address to a Layer 4 address
68. What are two actions performed by a Cisco switch? (Choose two.)
- building a routing table that is based on the first IP address in the frame header
- using the source MAC addresses of frames to build and maintain a MAC address table*
- forwarding frames with unknown destination IP addresses to the default gateway
- utilizing the MAC address table to forward frames via the destination MAC address*
- examining the destination MAC address to add new entries to the MAC address table
69. Which two functions are primary functions of a router? (Choose two.)
- packet switching*
- domain name resolution
- path selection*
- flow control
70. A router boots and enters setup mode. What is the reason for this?
- The IOS image is corrupt.
- Cisco IOS is missing from flash memory.
- The configuration file is missing from NVRAM.*
- The POST process has detected hardware failure.
71. Using default settings, what is the next step in the router boot sequence after the IOS loads from flash?
- Perform the POST routine.
- Search for a backup IOS in ROM.
- Load the bootstrap program from ROM.
- Load the running-config file from RAM.
- Locate and load the startup-config file from NVRAM.*
72. What are two ways that TCP uses the sequence numbers in a segment? (Choose two.)
- to identify missing segments at the destination*
- to reassemble the segments at the remote location*
- to specify the order in which the segments travel from source to destination
- to limit the number of segments that can be sent out of an interface at one time
- to determine if the packet changed during transit
73. A high school in New York (school A) is using videoconferencing technology to establish student interactions with another high school (school B) in Russia. The videoconferencing is conducted between two end devices through the Internet. The network administrator of school A configures the end device with the IP address 192.168.25.10. The administrator sends a request for the IP address for the end device in school B and the response is 192.168.25.10. The administrator knows immediately that this IP will not work. Why?
- This is a loopback address.
- This is a link-local address.
- This is a private IP address.*
- There is an IP address conflict.
74. Which service will translate private internal IP addresses into Internet routable 74. public IP addresses?
75. Which IPv6 address notation is valid?
76. Which range of link-local addresses can be assigned to an IPv6-enabled interface??
77. What are the three parts of an IPv6 global unicast address? (Choose three.)
- broadcast address
- global routing prefix*
- subnet mask
- subnet ID *
- interface ID*
78. A network administrator has been issued a network address of 126.96.36.199/26. How many subnets of equal size could be created from the assigned /26 network by using a /28 prefix?
79. A small satellite office has been given the overall network number of 192.168.99.0/24 and the network technician can subdivide the network addresses as needed. The office needs network access for both wired and wireless devices. However, because of the security consideration, these two networks should be separate. The wired network will have 20 devices. The wireless network has a potential connection of 45 devices. Which addressing scheme would be most efficient for these two networks?
80. The administrator of a branch office receives an IPv6 prefix of 2001:db8:3000::/52 from the corporate network manager. How many subnets can the administrator create?
81. A user is attempting to do an http://www.cisco.com/ without success. Which two configuration values must be set on the host to allow this access? (Choose two.)
- DNS server*
- WINS server
- HTTP server
- default gateway*
82. Which devices should be secured to mitigate against MAC address spoofing attacks?
- Layer 7 devices
- Layer 4 devices
- Layer 2 devices*
- Layer 3 devices
83. Which router configuration mode would an administrator use to configure the router for SSH or Telnet login access?
- privileged EXEC
84. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is testing connectivity to a remote device with the IP address 10.1.1.1. What does the output of this command indicate?
- Connectivity to the remote device was successful.
- A router along the path did not have a route to the destination.*
- A ping packet is being blocked by a security device along the path.
- The connection timed out while waiting for a reply from the remote device.
85. Which is a function of the show ip route command when used as a tool for troubleshooting network connectivity?
- indicates the point of failure in the connection
- shows the IP address of the next hop router for each route*
- lists the IP addresses of all hops the traffic will pass through to reach the destination network
- shows the incoming and outgoing interfaces the traffic will go through in order to reach the destination network
86. A user calls the help desk to report that a Windows XP workstation is unable to connect to the network after startup and that a popup window says “This connection has limited or no connectivity.” The technician asks the user to issue the ipconfig /all command. The user reports the IP address is 169.254.69.196 with subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 and nothing is displayed for the DNS server IP address. What is the cause of the problem?
- The workstation NIC has malfunctioned.
- The subnet mask was configured incorrectly.
- The DNS server IP address needs to be configured.
- The workstation is unable to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server.*
87. A particular email site does not appear to be responding on a Windows 7 computer. What command could the technician use to show any cached DNS entries for this web page?
- ipconfig /all
- arp -a
- ipconfig /displaydns*
88. To revert to a previous configuration, an administrator issues the command copy tftp startup-config on a router and enters the host address and file name when prompted. After the command is completed, why does the current configuration remain unchanged?
- The command should have been copy startup-config tftp.
- The configuration should have been copied to the running configuration instead.*
- The configuration changes were copied into RAM and require a reboot to take effect.
- A TFTP server can only be used to restore the Cisco IOS, not the router configuration.
89. Refer to the graphic. What is the effect of setting the security mode to WEP on the Linksys integrated router?
- It identifies the wireless LAN.
- It allows the access point to inform clients of its presence.
- It translates IP addresses into easy-to-remember domain names.
- It encrypts data between the wireless client and the access point.*
- It translates an internal address or group of addresses into an outside, public address.
90. Which type of wireless security is easily compromised?
91. Refer to the exhibit. Which two settings could be changed to improve security on the wireless network? (Choose two.)
- network mode
- radio band
- wide channel
- standard channel
- SSID broadcast*
92. Fill in the blank. Do not abbreviate. Use lower case.
Which interface configuration mode command puts a Layer 3 switch interface into Layer 3 mode? no switchport
93. Fill in the blank.
A nibble consists of 4 bits.
94. Match each item to the type of topology diagram on which it is typically identified. (Not all options are used.)
95. Match the situation with the appropriate use of network media.
96. Match the subnetwork to a host address that would be included within the subnetwork. (Not all options are used.)
97. Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then fill in the blank.
The Server0 message is winner.?
98. Which two statements are correct in a comparison of IPv4 and IPv6 packet headers? (Choose two.)
- The Source Address field name from IPv4 is kept in IPv6.*
- The Version field from IPv4 is not kept in IPv6.
- The Destination Address field is new in IPv6.
- The Header Checksum field name from IPv4 is kept in IPv6.
- The Time-to-Live field from IPv4 has been replaced by the Hop Limit field in IPv6.*
99. Why are port numbers included in the TCP header of a segment?
- to allow the receiving host to assemble the packet in the proper order
- to enable a receiving host to forward the data to the appropriate application*
- to determine which Layer 3 protocol should be used to encapsulate the data
- to identify which switch ports should receive or forward the segment
- to indicate the correct router interface that should be used to forward a segment
100. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.What is the secret keyword that is displayed on the web page?
101. Which two types of applications rely on their traffic having priority over other traffic types through the network? (Choose two.)
- file transfer
- instant messaging
102. Fill in the blank.
In dotted decimal notation, the IP address “172.25.0.126” is the last host address for the network 172.25.0.64/26.
103. What are two characteristics of a scalable network? (Choose two.)
- is not as reliable as a small network
- grows in size without impacting existing users*
- easily overloaded with increased traffic
- suitable for modular devices that allow for expansion*
- offers limited number of applications
104. Question as presented:Subnet 192.168.1.32/27 will have a valid host range from 192.168.1.33 – 192.168.1.62 with the broadcast address as 192.168.1.63
Subnet 192.168.1.64/27 will have a valid host range from 192.168.1.65 – 192.168.1.94 with the broadcast address as 192.168.1.95
Subnet 192.168.1.96/27 will have a valid host range from 192.168.1.97 – 192.168.1.126 with the broadcast address as 192.168.1.127
105. What information is added during encapsulation at OSI Layer 3?
- source and destination port number
- source and destination MAC
- source and destination IP address*
- source and destination application protocol
106. Refer to the exhibit. HostA is attempting to contact ServerB. Which two statements correctly describe the addressing that HostA will generate in the process? (Choose two.)
- A packet with the destination IP address of RouterA.
- A frame with the destination MAC address of SwitchA.
- A frame with the destination MAC address of RouterA.*
- A packet with the destination IP address of RouterB.
- A packet with the destination IP address of ServerB.*
- A frame with the destination MAC address of ServerB.
107. What will a host on an Ethernet network do if it receives a frame with a destination MAC address that does not match its own MAC address?
- It will remove the frame from the media.
- It will discard the frame.*
- It will forward the frame to the next host.
- It will strip off the data-link frame to check the destination IP address.
108. A PC that is communicating with a web server is utilizing a window size of 6,000 bytes when sending data and a packet size of 1,500 bytes. What byte of information will the web server acknowledge after it has received four packets of data from the PC?
109. What three primary functions does data link layer encapsulation provide? (Choose three.)error detection*
- port identification
- path determination
- IP address resolution
- frame delimiting*
110. Fill in the blank using a number.
The minimum Ethernet frame size is “64” bytes. Anything smaller than that should be considered a “runt frame.”
111. What three statements describe features or functions of media access control? (Choose three.)Ethernet utilizes CSMA/CD.*
802.11 utilizes CSMA/CD.
It uses contention-based access also known as deterministic access.
Data link layer protocols define the rules for access to different media.*
Controlled media access involves collision handling.
It is responsible for detecting transmission errors in transmitted data.*
112. Open the PT activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.Which information is obtained from this command output?
- 10.20.20.3, non-authoritative answer*
- 10.20.20.4, non-authoritative answer
- 10.20.20.3, authoritative answer
- 10.20.20.4, authoritative answer
113. What makes fiber preferable to copper cabling for interconnecting buildings? (Choose three.)
- greater bandwidth potential*
- limited susceptibility to EMI/RFI*
- durable connections
- easily terminated
- greater distances per cable run*
- lower installation cost
114. A network team is comparing physical WAN topologies for connecting remote sites to a headquarters building. Which topology provides high availability and connects some, but not all, remote sites?
- partial mesh*
- hub and spoke
115. What is the function of CSMA/CA in a WLAN?
- It assures that clients are connected to the correct WLAN.
- It describes the smallest building block of the WLAN.
- It provides the mechanism for media access.*
- It allows a host to move between cells without loss of signal.
116. Fill in the blank.A nibble consists of “4” bits.
117. Place the options in the following order: [+] cables connecting rooms to wiring closets
- [+] desktop PC in a classroom
- [#] IP address of a server
- [#] a switch located in a classroom
- [+] Order does not matter within this group.
- [#] Order does not matter within this group.
118. Why are the paired wires twisted in a CAT5 cable?to improve the mechanical strength
to provide eletromagnetic noise cancellation*
to facilitate cable termination in the connector
to extend the signaling length
119. Refer to the exhibit. What will be the result of entering this configuration the next time a network administrator connects a console cable to the router and no additional commands have been entered?
- The administrator will be presented with the R1> prompt.*
- The administrator will be required to enter Cisco789.
- The administrator will be required to enter Cisco234.
- The administrator will be required to enter Cisco123.
120. Question as presented:
121. Refer to the exhibit. Using VLSM, what is the largest and smallest subnet mask required on this network in order to minimize address waste?255.255.254.0 and
- 255.255.255.128 and 255.255.255.224
- 255.255.254.0 and 255.255.255.224
- 255.255.255.0 and 255.255.255.252
122. What is one purpose of the TCP three-way handshake?synchronizing sequence
- numbers between source and destination in preparation for data transfer*
- determining the IP address of the destination host in preparation for data transfer
- sending echo requests from the source to the destination host to establish the presence of the destination
- requesting the destination to transfer a binary file to the source
123. Which type of wireless security is easily compromised?
124. An administrator needs to upgrade the IOS in a router to a version that supports new features. Which factor should the administrator consider before performing the upgrade?
- NVRAM must be erased before the new IOS can be installed.
- The old IOS should be backed up to NVRAM so that it is not lost during a power failure.
- The new IOS might require more RAM to function properly.*
- The old IOS must be removed first.
125. Which two statements describe the characteristics of fiber-optic cabling? (Choose two.)
- Fiber-optic cabling does not conduct electricity.*
- Fiber-optic cabling has high signal loss.
- Fiber-optic cabling is primarily used as backbone cabling.*
- Multimode fiber-optic cabling carries signals from multiple sending devices.
- Fiber-optic cabling uses LEDs for single-mode cables and laser technology for multimode cables.
126. A host PC is attempting to lease an address through DHCP. What message is sent by the server to let the client know it is able to use the provided IP information?
127. What part of the URL, http://www.cisco.com/index.html, represents the top-level DNS domain?
128. A user issues the ipconfig /displaydns command on the workstation. What is the function of this command?
- to show all of the cached DNS entries*
- to show the local DNS server parameters
- to show the result of last name resolution request
- to show the DNS configuration for the workstation
129. Consider the following range of addresses:
The prefix-length for the range of addresses is __60__
130. Which publicly available resources describe protocols, processes, and technologies for the Internet but do not give implementation details?
- protocol models
- Request for Comments*
- IRTF research papers
- IEEE standards
131. What information does the loopback test provide?
- The device has the correct IP address on the network.
- The Ethernet cable is working correctly.
- The device has end-to-end connectivity.
- DHCP is working correctly.
- The TCP/IP stack on the device is working correctly.*
132. What are the two main components of Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)? (Choose two.)
- adjacency tables*
- ARP tables
- routing tables
- forwarding information base (FIB)*
- MAC-address tables
133. Which subnet would include the address 192.168.1.96 as a usable host address?
134. When applied to a router, which command would help mitigate brute-force password attacks against the router?
- exec-timeout 30
- banner motd $Max failed logins = 5$
- login block-for 60 attempts 5 within 60*
- service password-encryption
135. Which statement best describes the operation of the File Transfer Protocol?
- An FTP client uses a source port number of 21 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP Server.
- An FTP client uses a source port number of 20 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of data traffic with an FTP Server.*
- An FTP server uses a source port number of 20 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP client.
- An FTP server uses a source port number of 21 and a randomly generated destination port number during the establishment of control traffic with an FTP client.