Network Security FAQ: Overview
Q1. Which resources in a network are considered the most trusted?
Q2. List five types of malware.
Q3. What is a hoax?
Q4. What is the difference between a hacker and a cracker?
Q5. Attacks often come from inside your organization. List three potential threats from inside an organization.
Q6. Who is involved in the security process of an organization?
Q7. Name two legal requirements made by government agencies.
- HIPAA The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act restricts disclosure of health-related data along with personally identifying information.
- GLB The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act affects U.S. financial institutions and requires disclosure of privacy policies to customers.
- ECPA The Electronic Communications Privacy Act specifies who can read whose e-mails under what conditions.
Q8. What is CIA?
Answer: CIA stands for the following:
- Confidentiality Ensure that no data is disclosed intentionally or unintentionally.
- Integrity Make sure that no data is modified by unauthorized personnel, that no unauthorized changes are made by authorized personnel, and that the data remains consistent, both internally and externally.
- Availability Provide reliable and timely access to data and resources.
Q9. What is SLE?
Q10. What is ALE?