message reports that the RCP (remote copy) command failed during replication.
When a LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR event occurs, a message similar to the following is reported:
mgd: executing mkdir /config/.license_priv on fpc0
mgd: LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR: rcp -T /config/license/JUNOS257084.lic fpc0:/config/.license_priv/JUNOS257084.lic : rcp: /config/.license_priv/JUNOS257084.lic: No such file or directory.
This example shows that the LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR message is due to a license installation problem. The directory was created on fpc0, then an attempt was made to copy the file JUNOS257084.lic to the directory. The copy failed because the source file /config/.license_priv/JUNOS257084.lic does not exist.
Note: Not all LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR messages are due to licensing issues.
The LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR can occur:
- From an internal software failure from an event where the RCP command failed during replication.
- After an upgrade or after a license key has been installed but the installation failed.
- When there is a connectivity loss and RCP fails during the replicate process.
Perform these steps to determine the cause and resolve the problem (if any). Continue through each step until the problem is resolved.
1. Collect the show command output.
Capture the output to a file (in case you have to open a technical support case). To do this, configure each SSH client/terminal emulator to log your session.
show log messages
2. Analyze the show command output.
In the show log messages output, review the events that occurred at or just before the appearance of the LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR message. Frequently these events help identify the cause.
3. If you are seeing licensing issues, review the show log license and show system license commands to check license usage.
The LIBJNX_REPLICATE_RCP_ERROR entry might be caused by a license key installation, so try to delete the license using the request system license delete <license-identifier> command. Then add the license again using the request system license add <license-identifier> command.