The following procedure allows a user to load a new BIOS, with ECC enabled by default, on the QFX5100.
New BIOS = BIOS V0018.7
Instead of manually modifying the BIOS, which is described in KB30367 and linked below, the user can load a new BIOS with ECC enabled by default on the QFX5100. The installation procedure is listed in the solution section.
To enable the ECC setting on the QFX5100 you have to manually set this option through the BIOS. To enable ECC by default you can use the procedure listed below in the solution section, instead of manually configuring this option through the BIOS.
To enable ECC by default please use the following procedure:
1. Download the package “jloader-qfx-5-14.1X53-D26-signed.tgz” and verify the file using either md5 or sha-1
- Package Location:
12314.1X53-D26/jloader-qfx-5-14.1X53-D26-signed.tgzMD5 hash: 85772e26135433df2b0c183438b5e43aSHA-1 hash: a06320a5950da2a423f3925d0b0a9bb1c834ba6e
2. Copy the package to the /var/tmp directory on the QFX5100
3. Install the package with the command: request system software add no-validate /var/tmp/jloader-qfx-5-14.1X53-D26-signed.tgz
4. Reboot the host: request system reboot hypervisor Reboot the system ? [yes,no] (no) yes
5. Verify the new BIOS version of V0018.7: show chassis firmware | match BIOS BIOS V0018.7