This article provides information about the Session Extension feature.
- Session extension allows user to extend the existing session, prior to its expiration.
- It is useful in situations, in which the tasks (file transfer, and so on) require continuous network connectivity for a long time.
- Users receive a warning dialog box, prior to the session expiration, prompting them to extend session or proactively extend the session.
How to enable the Session extension feature in SA:
Go to SA UI > User > Roles > (select role) > General > Session Options:
How to find this option in Junos Pulse:
Go to File > Connections > Extend Session:
How does it work?
- Maximum session length configured in SA is 60 minutes.
- User 1 is logged in at 4:00am.
- As per the Maximum session length, User 1’s session should expire at 5:00am.
- Around 4:50am, User 1 extended the session by clicking Extend Session.
- Now, the session gets extended till 5:50am (which is, 4:50am + 60min maximum session length = 5:50am).
SA user access log messages:
Info EAM30446 2012-03-16 04:50:39 - ive - [10.10.10.20] user1(Users)[Users] - Session extended for user1/Users from 00-0c-29-01-aa-ab.
Info AUT24326 2012-03-16 04:50:39 - ive - [10.10.10.20] user1(Users) - Primary authentication successful for user1/System Local from 10.10.10.100
Pulse Debug log (Log level set to Detailed) messages:
00136,09 2012/03/16 04:50:41.459 4 SYSTEM dsAccessService.exe eapService p0572 tDA4 EapService.cpp:28 - 'eapService' EAP-JUAC::extended session
00156,09 2012/03/16 04:50:41.459 4 SYSTEM dsAccessService.exe eapService p0572 tDA4 EapService.cpp:28 - 'eapService' EAP-JUAC::lifetime = 3600, expiration 4F62D4B1