This article provides information about the performance of the EX8200-40XS line card.
Information about the performance of the EX8200-40XS line card.
1. The data rate of EX8208-40XS is 80 Gbps.
2. 40 SFP/SFP+ ports on the EX8200-40XS are divided into eight independent groups with five ports each.
3. The ports in each port group share 10 gigabits of bandwidth. So, up to 10 gigabits of traffic passes through a port group, without packet drop:
- Port group 0 : port 0-4
- Port group 1 : port 5-9
- Port group 2 : port 10-14
- Port group 3 : port 15-19
- Port group 4 : port 20-24
- Port group 5 : port 25-29
- Port group 6 : port 30-34
- Port group 7 : port 35-39
With the bandwidth limitation, this means that:
- If all 5 ports in the same group work with the link speed of 1000Mbps, they can communicate with each other with the line rate.
- If any two ports in the same group work as 10Gbps, the communication between them can get only one-direction bandwidth as 10G and bi-direction bandwidth as 5Gbps.
- If two ports in different groups work as 10Gbps, they can also get the line rate of 10Gbps (if no other ports are being used in their group).