The New CRC errors found on xfchip message reports errors on the high-speed link between a Trio FPC/DPC card and the associated SCB board.
When a New CRC errors found on xfchip event occurs, a message similar to the following is reported:
chassisd: %DAEMON-3: New CRC errors found on xfchip 0 plane 0 subport 16
xfport 4 new_count 17651 aggr_count 17651
The cause can be due to either software or hardware causing the CRC errors.
Perform these steps to determine the cause and resolve the problem (if any):
1. Collect the show command output to help determine the cause of this message.
Capture the output to a file (in case you have to open a technical support case). To do this, configure each SSH client/terminal emulator to log your session.
show log messages
show log chassisd
show log interactive-commands
show system commit
show chassis environment cb
show chassis environment fpc
show chassis fpc
show chassis fpc detail
show chassis fpc pic-status
show chassis fabric summary
show chassis fabric fpcs
show chassis fabric plane
show chassis fabric plane-location
show chassis fabric map
show chassis fabric reachability
show chassis fabric destinations
show chassis fabric redundancy-mode
2. Analyze the show command output.
Look for any related events that occurred at or just before the
New CRC errors found on xfchip
message in the syslog output.
3. During a maintenance window, as it will impact transit traffic, try the following:
- Reset the fabric plane by taking it offline and bringing it back online.
- Reseat the FPC. (Check for bent pins when doing this.)
- Reseat the associated SCB board.
- Move the FPC to a different slot in the chassis.
- Swap the FPC.
- Swap the SCB.