The LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_ERR message reports and internal SNMP error with LOG_ERR as severity.
When a LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_ERR message is reported, syslog messages similar to the following are seen.
Jul 28 23:31:31 csnd01 lacpd: LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_ERR: ERR: jnx_ns_unix_transport: netsnmp_unix malloc failed
Apr 25 22:15:10 MOC_IR_2-RE1 snmpd: %DAEMON-3-LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_ERR: ERR: response to agentx request illegal. bailing out.[snip]
This System Log Message is an indication of an error occurring due to a failure seen in the internal software while logging. Each process has a specific memory allocation, and this error is reported when this allocation is exceeded. If this issue is continued without addressing, it may lead to the core getting dumped on the device.
This message is also seen in cases of a memory leak because of the snmpd process.
Examine the following output to help determine the cause of this message:
show log messages
show log chassisd
show system processes extensive
show log snmpd
Look for any related events that occurred at or just before the LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_ERR message in the syslog output.
This issue is fixed in Junos 10.3R1 , 10.2R1 , 10.1R3 , 10.0R4.
Perform these steps:
- Restart the snmpd process.
- If the problem persists, then reboot the device.
- In some cases, you need to restart the interface-control process along with the snmpd process.
- Restart of this process however will lead to a fail over in case of a cluster.
- If the messages continue, open a case with your technical support representative to investigate the issue further.