CCNP TSHOOT FAQ: Advanced Cisco Catalyst Switch Troubleshooting
Q1. What are two differences between Layer 3 switches and routers? (Choose two.)
a. Layer 3 switches do not maintain a routing table.
b. Layer 3 switches usually forward traffic faster than routers.
c. Layer 3 switches support more interface types than routers.
d. Layer 3 switches usually support fewer features than routers.
Q2. What type of special memory is used by Layer 3 switches, and not routers, that supports very rapid route lookups?
Q3. What type of interface can be created on a Layer 3 switch to support routing between VLANs on that switch?
4. What is the default priority for an HSRP interface?
5. What is the name for the router in a VRRP virtual router group that is actively forwarding traffic on behalf of the virtual router group?
a. virtual forwarder
b. active virtual gateway
c. virtual router master
d. active virtual forwarder
6. Which of the following statements is true concerning GLBP?
a. GLBP is a Cisco proprietary first-hop redundancy protocol.
b. GLBP allows multiple routers to simultaneously forward traffic for the group of GLBP routers.
c. The active virtual forwarder in a GLBP group is responsible for responding to ARP requests with different MAC addresses.
d. A GLBP group has multiple active virtual gateways.
7. Which of the following is a Cisco proprietary first-hop router redundancy protocol?
8. What are two components of a switch’s control plane? (Choose two.)
d. Forwarding logic
9. Which three of the following are situations when a switch’s TCAM would punt a packet to the switch’s CPU? (Choose the three best answers.)
a. OSPF sends a multicast routing update.
b. An administrator Telnets to a switch.
c. An ACL is applied to a switch port.
d. A switch’s TCAM has reached capacity.
10. The output of a show processes cpu command on a switch displays the following in
the first line of the output: CPU utilization for five seconds: 10%/7%; one minute: 12%; five minutes: 6% Based on the output, what percent of the switch’s CPU is being consumed with interrupts?
a. 10 percent
b. 7 percent
c. 12 percent
d. 6 percent