CCIE SP MPLS FAQ: IP Tunneling to MPLS/VPN Migration Case Study
Figure: SampleNet VPN Connectivity Using GRE Tunnels
Q1. List two of the several items that must be addressed during the migration planning stage.
- Define the deployment requirements.
- Assign the necessary naming conventions.
- Define the RD and RT format.
- Define the PE-CE link addressing.
- Define the VRFs that provide the VPN connectivity.
- Define the rules for using RD and RT in VRFs.
Q2. When provisioning the VRFs, what are the two main items that must be configured?
Q3. When provisioning the VRFs, is it necessary to have the same values for the RD and RT?
Q4. When allocating RT and RD values, what should you use as the first part of the value?